Sunday, January 28, 2007

Me, Myself, and I

I have decided to accept Donna's challenge of a self-portrait a month (actually she suggested one per week but 52 pictures of me is too many - 12 is pushing it). Through this picture I am almost able to see someone I am becoming. I think I like who she is.

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
~ e.e. cummings

11 comments:

Ampersand said...

Really neat shot -- contrasting the darker, still image of you with the light and motion of the other elements.

You look reflective :-).

Sandy said...

Love the picture and the quote. The palm trees and sky in your reflection are so pretty. I can tell you're concentrating on getting that picture.

Sandy said...

Forgot to mention - have you ever seen the "daily dose of imagery" website? I check in a couple times a week and I think you'd like it. Your photos remind me of some of his shots. Here's the addy:
http://wvs.topleftpixel.com/

Nikki said...

Thanks Sandy! I just bookmarked it. :-)

Colleen said...

This is cool, Nikki! Especially the way you conveniently placed yourself next to that baseball player. ;-)

I'm really enjoying both your photos and the accompanying quotes.

LauraLiz said...

I've been noticing reflections more and more...there's bound to be a message there...

I like this self-portrait and your thoughts.

Unknown said...

I love who she it! What a wonderful affirmation to read to yourself by ee. The photo is awesome with the basball figure in it... something about casting yourself into the future or soemthing.

Sandie said...

This is wonderful self portrait. I can see you and you becoming in it. Very cool.

Dalissa 365 said...

It's great to hear/see the positive tone in this photograph and in your voice. Sweet.

SUSAN said...

I love the cars in the background. You are "going places" Nikki!

Susan

Jess said...

I'm loving reflection pictures and this is really good one.