Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dreams

While sitting in a coffee shop today I started reading a book called Right Brain/Left Brain Photography. The author was inspired by the book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain so I knew I would like it. One of the assignments was to photograph your dreams. I dreamed last night about water. I don't remember much about it other than there was a lot of water. This is my attempt to photograph it.

Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives.
~ William Dement

6 comments:

Jess said...

Do you think it captures the feel of your dream? Interesting idea! I like this though, it's just an interesting view point - did you colorize it?

Unknown said...

It did - everything was so blue and hazy. I used a filter in my editing software to colorize it.

Susanne Barrett said...

I love this -- so beautiful!

Was your dream a good one or a bad one? I hope it was good!

Sandie said...

Neat idea! I might have to look for that book.

Unknown said...

What a cool book! I want to get that one. I like the same premise.

SUSAN said...

I love that idea...think I'll look for the book. You should do an online search for dream dictionary and read the symbolism for water. It's really interesting!

Beautiful, peaceful shot!

Susan