Thursday, January 3, 2008

City Sunset

I hadn't even picked up my camera for two days. How awful is that? I went out today and shot a bunch of sunset shots. I know those are a dime a dozen but it was just gorgeous. I had to do some multiple exposures and did some experimenting in Photoshop with blending, dodging, and burning. I'm still using the old lens (the new one comes on Tuesday) so the shot is soft, but it'll do for now.

If a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existence, as though I had forgotten to wake up.
~ Richard Avedon

3 comments:

Ampersand said...

Amen to that quote! That's a gorgeous sunset.

Hey check out Ianqui's new photo blog, linked from my sidebar on A & B. You might like that format for a new blog/gallery.

I got an account with them, and I think I'm going to use it as a gallery for my favorites of my shots. As if I don't have photos in enough places. :)

Scrivener said...

Sunset shots are common, but they are common for very good reasons: so much beauty and every one is different. This is a really nice sunset shot, too.

Katrina said...

Gorgeous! Who could get tired of such beautiful sunset shots?