Saturday, January 5, 2008

Inspiration

This is Father Bill. He is a local artist/priest and so inspiring to me. His artwork has so much depth and texture to it and there is so much to see. He even encourages you to touch it. Seeing it on the web really doesn't do it justice. You can see more of his work, though, if you click here.

This is a shot of his studio/home.

One thing I love about not being tied to the 365 project is that I can post more than one photo. I took these after the rain we had last night. I liked how they turned out after some tweaking in Lightroom. I had to get some more sharpness in there since I'm still using the soft lens. The new one comes next week.


Inspiration and genius--one and the same.
~ Victor Hugo

6 comments:

LauraLiz said...

I love the photo of Father Bill and his "work clothes." You really caught his concentration.

Colleen said...

What a great photo of Father Bill. Like Laura said, you captured the look of concentration ~ and his paint-smattered clothing is so apropos. I like his work, too.


Btw, I smiled when I read what you wrote about no longer being tied to posting just one photo. It's funny how legalistic some of you were about Project 365!

Colleen said...

Coming back to say that I absolutely *love* the painting on the "Reflections" page of Father Bill's site. His canvases are so inviting, saturated in color...must be great in person!

Nicole Rae Studio said...

They are so incredible. He has even had groups of blind children come in to "experience" his paintings thru touch. I'm a big fan.

Scrivener said...

Really like the portrait of him, and I love that biggest painting on the wall there.

nimiecat said...

Love the paint speckled clothes! My mother had a butchers smock that she used while painting. It washed well worn and washed and covered with all sorts of lively colors!