Saturday, February 9, 2008

Eagles!

I went to a Bald Eagle count today up in the mountains. It was a last minute decision and I wasn't even sure I would see anything. I ended up seeing three. Of course, my camera was not ready when one of the eagles perched in the tree decided to take off and dive after a duck in the water. These are the best that I got. It was much better live, that's for sure. I'll post more photos of my morning tomorrow. And I don't agree with Ben Franklin.


I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen as the representative of our country; he is a bird of bad immoral character: like those among men who live by sharping and robbing, he is generally poor, and often very lousy. The turkey is a much more respectable bird, and withal a true original native of America.
~ Benjamin Franklin

2 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

Great photographs. I'm with you-I love them.

Gawdess said...

Lovely shot of the eagles in the tree.