Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Walk in the Mountains

These are from yesterday morning. I have been meaning to drive up to the snow for awhile now and I finally made it... sort of. I got part way up and came to a flashing yellow sign saying "chains required past this point". There were several cars pulled over putting on chains and then I saw a truck slipping and sliding around. I decided that was a good hint for me to turn around and park somewhere without any ice. I hiked around a bit and found a wonderful creek and a few things covered with snow. I was trying to get a shot of mountains for an assignment for school but I think I did better with the water shots.



My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.
~ Aldous Huxley

2 comments:

Gawdess said...

icy, fresh and bright.
all words your photos bring to my mind.

MaryD said...

These are wonderful, Nikki!