Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Trash

I did a very dumb thing this week. I accidentally deleted all of my photos... dumped them in the trash... and then emptied the trash. Not a smart thing to do when you have a Mac. I panicked and cried and got very mad at myself. I read everything I could and found out I had very little hope of getting anything back at all. The one thing I did read tho was to not use the computer much at all if you want to recover anything. That is the reason for my long absence on this blog. I took a lot of photos during the week which I will be posting today and tomorrow and maybe throughout the week. And the absence was well worth it. A good friend was able to recover every one of my photos. Unbelievable. I don't think I will ever delete anything again.

2 comments:

LauraLiz said...

ARGH!! I'm so glad you got them back; how scary!

Hey, congrats on the medal of awesomeness!!

MaryD said...

I'm so glad you got your photos back. I had to reformat my hard drive in the end of December, and lost all my Dec. 1-20 photos-- I'd backed up through November, and my husband had copied my Dec 20-31 pics. It's such a yucky feeling-- thankfully in my case there was nothing terribly important to me in that lot.