Saturday, March 29, 2008

Friends

I had the wonderful chance to meet a friend for breakfast this morning. This isn't just any friend. She is one of my first internet friends. I met her online many years ago when we both had small children and were homeschooling. I haven't seen her in three years so it was such a joy to get together. It is amazing to me how small the internet has made my world. I have gotten the chance to get to know some very special people that never would have happened without the world wide web. I think as an introvert having an online community has been a real lifesaver. Julie is a very special person and I am privileged to count her as a friend.

We can learn much about other people on the Internet. And, too, much about ourselves.
~ Paulus

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Great to see both of you (you look marvelous btw!) and glad you got to see one another. :)

RedGypsie said...

So cool! And tell Julie I said congrats on the UCLA win...I'm waiting for her bloggin' excitement to hit! You both look great and HAPPY!!!!

my15minutes said...

Aw, you two look lovely! I am sure y'all had a great time together....how fun.

Susanne Barrett said...

How fun! I'm glad you two got to "get together." :)

LauraLiz said...

Well, hi there! Fun, fun, fun!

Gawdess said...

very nice shot of the two of you, lovely smiles

Katrina said...

Such fun! :)

Colleen said...

Fun to see the two of you together! But I have to know...am I losing my mind or was it two, rather than three, years ago that we went to Becky's? Because I could've sworn it was two. But I may very well be in la-la land. :-D