Sunday, June 1, 2008

Public Transportation

I went out to LA today to supposedly take part in a protest at Union Station. A bunch of photographers were protesting their right to take pictures on public property. When I got there I only saw about 20 people so I ditched them to go shoot. I know, I'm not quite the rebel type. I did have fun taking photos on the subway tho.


People are looking for ways to reduce their transportation costs, and there is no better way to do that than public transportation. People are making what I would call intelligent decisions to take mass transit.
~ Douglas Hartmayer

7 comments:

Tall Gary said...

I like these photos. The movement, angles, lighting, curves... Apart from the lack of people they remind me of Tokyo. And yes, public transportation is the way to go.

I read recently that our national railways are, because of lack of sufficient infrastructure and updating, fast heading toward gridlock. Kind of like a macrocosm of the neural networks of our deaf, dumb and blind politicians and "leaders".

Nikki said...

Thanks Gary!

And I absolutely agree, esp. in LA. We need to come up with some sort of solution because what we have now is not working.

Nikki said...

Thanks Gary!

And I absolutely agree, esp. in LA. We need to come up with some sort of solution because what we have now is not working.

Tall Gary said...

You're welcome. My pleasure, I can assure you.

By the way, is it easy to change the photo caption from "... protesting there right..." to "... protesting their right..." or are things pretty much "set in concrete," as it were?

Nikki said...

Not hard at all... and I must say "duuhhh". :) Thanks for catching that.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Terrific!

Colleen said...

Great photos ~ I love the way you captured the movement in the first shot particularly. And as for the topic, you likely know where I stand. The lack of good public transit ~ here on the West Coast especially ~ is just depressing.