Saturday, May 31, 2008

Taxi Drivers

I have two photos that I can share in my taxi driver series. The first one said he didn't mind where I showed it. The second is pretty obvious why I can post it. :) It has been very scary for me to approach strangers to ask to take their pictures but most of the time people don't mind at all. I think it helps that I can tell them that my dad was a cab driver for 30 years. It has been a great experience, tho, and has taught me that I can talk to just about anybody.


A driver is a king on a vinyl bucket-seat throne, changing direction with the turn of a wheel, changing the climate with a flick of the button, changing the music with the switch of a dial.
~ Andrew H. Malcolm

3 comments:

Gawdess said...

great character shots and very interesting to hear about your feelings about asking strangers for their photo!

Yankee, Transferred said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susanne Barrett said...

I really like both of these -- the clarity, the B&W, really capture the personality of each man. I especially like the first one -- so cool.

That first one is definitely worth entering in a show. :)