Monday, September 22, 2008

Midsummer

It's kind of an odd title for a post after yesterday's, but it is the title of my new piece. I've been working on this for awhile now and I think it's finally done. It's on 1/4 inch MDF instead of canvas which is new for me. I still have to figure out how they'll hang on a wall, but I like the way it looks and it's a lot easier to use than canvas. I added a couple of close-up shots, too, so you can get a look at the texture.



I know a bank where the wild thyme blows,
Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows
Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk-roses, and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania some time of the night,
Lull’d in these flowers with dances and delight
~ Shakespeare, "A Midsummer-Night’s Dream" (2.1.260-5)

1 comment:

MangyCat said...

That board does have a great texture. It also goes particularly well with this subject. Nice job.